segunda-feira, 22 de março de 2010

The only thing that's left from adolescence is the music

Tuesday, May 20th, 2008

The only thing that's left from adolescence is the music

Today I had a busy day at work, then I came home and organized some part of the house, so I could get the children at school. I didn't had time to prepare anything to eat, so we went to a snack house and ate a lot of junkie food, which we couldn't have eaten. Ah, and we had some juice too. Actually, this way I spend a lot more money than normal.
When we got home, I was talking with Leticia and Caio about my adolescence and it's music. The music from the 80's.
I never thought I could see my idols again on youtube, and even choose which one to play first.
My generation has suffered the lack of knoledge about sex, the depression from not to understand what the aduldts didn't explain. But at least we had a lot of great songs, and musicians, like Legião Urbana, Gang 90, between others...
That songs made us happy, gave shape to our emotions and made the wait less exhausting.
Back then, in Campinas, there was two ice-cream shops, one named Brunella and the other Castelo. There the teenagers used to meet eatch other friends. I suffered a lot because my parents didn't let me go out much, and I used to sneak out to go there quickly. I had the feeling that I was watching my life passing by, just like a soap-opera.
At school I tried to create my freedom, changed from early to night classes, and with the night, the friends, I met the exciting essence of being free. Then, I realized that freedom continues with the consequences that happen after it. For example, I started smoking, Hollywood generation. This was a way we could scream our independence, includding me in a new group, made of friends. Well, I only noticed with 30 years old that this smoking industry that gave us independence make us pay much more than we should.
I thought I was always losing everything, there was a boy from high school called Tutu... honestly, only as an adult I realized that waiting is useless and that pain is never enough or are always too little...
however, it lies in this path made of hormones and changing economy the whole that makes us what we are today.
Adolescence is a very fragile time, with undeniable and endless feelings that one day become memories.
Almost every woman wants to go back to when beauty and esthetics are natural, even when they know that the present makes us women. It's hard to go back to 45kg, and almost every man wants the vigor they have with 16 years. But we can't go back to 16.
However, we can feel the same things listening to the songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io1Wu9ASUn0&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaunNDIkDYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YIrwblUdac&feature=related
By 6h30PM I'll be back to work. I always let myself go late. This is my organizational error, and I'll go with one of these songs on my mind.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário